Thursday, September 20, 2007

Unemployed = freedom

It was my last day yesterday. Rather than throw me out and shout abuse at me while throwing rotten veg, they were quite nice and wished me well. No tears, no looking back. I took them a gift but for some of the office staff this was the first they'd heard about my leaving so there was no pressie for me - what's all that about?!

It felt good - not only to leave a job that wasn't right for my future, but to have all ends tied up (or most of them anyway). There is a continuing cleansing process going on in my home office... stuff was returned to it's original home and some will be heading for Mr Skip.

So today it's more reorganising, sorting, chucking, cleaning, shredding, bagging, throwing, dusting. I might watch a DVD or two.

New job starts on Monday.

A couple of days ago, I watched a leak in the road develop into a gush and later the men with tools came to repair it. There's still a hole with a little blue fence round it. The whole drama was enough of a distraction for me to actually take photos of it. So if you'd like to see the story, it's here.

Saddo!

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory