Sunday, July 02, 2006

Race For Life - mission accomplished!


Dressed for action!
(what do I look like!)

I did the Race For Life today, together with cousins and daughter and auntie and uncle and about 4000 other people (not to mention hangers-on!) . Length was 5km so a walk in the park (literally) for most people. But there were plenty for who it was a much bigger deal. We were very proud of Auntie Kath who found hidden energy reserves to push her own chair round most of the course!

I asked people for sponsorship back in April when I signed up. I reckon I've made about £130 altogether, from family and friends, and folk I haven't even met, which is wonderful!!

News and Star Report

My report:


Aimee blowing bubbles while we wait to start


Warm-up exercises - unbelievable considering it was about 30 degreesC!


The frontrunners are already halfway round the first field...


The start Line!


The winner was almost finished just as we completed 1km...


Michelle's back banner


Walking under the castle walls (whole park was totally flooded last year and I took pics from that path up the side!)


Almost at the finish line...


Yay! Finished! Goody bags, medals and free cranberry juice!


Doing the Fosbury Flop

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory