Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Motorway Diaries

On my travels I have been making mental (and physical) notes of things I wanted to mention on my blog. What now follows is a gratuitous list of nonsensical stuff which may or may not make any sense to anyone. It's completely self-indulgent.



  • The heather on the hills is blooming - I bet Ros Castle smells nice at the moment, and I bet the plums are out at Blawearie House. I miss Northumberland.

  • There's are a few bridges over the M6 which seem to be purely for cows. It's a nice sight.

  • Abba sometimes sound like Pinky and Perky.

  • Who's that Scottish Buddhist bloke on the Radio 2 Breakfast show called? I liked him. (his name is Dharmachari Nagaraja, hear him here)

  • In spring you see a lot of yellow wild flowers (daffodils, primroses, broom, gorse), and later you tend to see pink and purple, like now it's Heather and Rose-Bay. Exception is red campion which bloomed early June. I wonder why this is? Something to do with the angle of the sunlight, wavelengths and that?

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory