Friday, April 06, 2007

Barratt Homes should come with earplugs!

I've just written a letter of complaint to Barratt's.

The reason why I am narked?

Clack, clack.

It's the noisy drain covers on the roads in the estate. They are placed in exactly the right position to maximise as many cars as possible going over them, and one of the main junctions on the routes through the estate is right outside my window. Then there are the three access roads to the houses - they each have rattly covers.

Clack, clack.

The 2-year deadline has passed for me to talk to them directly about things wrong with the house. However, the reason that I wrote to them was not absolutely to do with the house itself... although the crappy cheap windows don't help at all, plus the floorboards which creak when the cat sneezes (this has got to be the noisiest, draughtiest house I've ever lived in, including when I lived on cliffs next to the North Sea).

It's an irony that the soundproofing of modern cars is far better than that of my Barratts house, so drivers don't hear what we do in here and have no qualms about smacking them as hard as possible.

Clack, clack.

It starts before 5.30am, when lots of people hereabouts are driving to start their early shift. It's the last thing I hear at night and the first thing I hear in the morning. When I am working at home, it punctuates my day and I can tell when it's time to stop work when the frequency increases due to people driving home from work.

Clack, clack.

I've phoned Barratts about it; partly to confirm that it is their responsibility (which it is). I am also going to be writing to the Cumberland News, because I'm sure that there are lots of locals (not just poor me living on the corner)who are affected by this; the sounds echoes right around the estate. It's about time this got sorted out.

Clack, clack.

In Barratt's honour, I've added a YouTube Link to the Little Boxes Song...

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory