Thursday, March 23, 2006

How green is your valley?

I feel so guilty. Every time I drive the car, run a bath, leave the TV on stand-by, throw a can in the dustbin rather than recycle it, buy fruit that has travelled the globe or cheap meat or clothes, or anything cheap for that matter (I presume it's all come from sweatshops).

I drive as part of my job, mounting up over 25,000 miles a year for business use alone. My employer would love it if I did a lot more (although I could stay in one place and probably call twenty times more people on the phone). Anyway, I also feel guilty that I am not out on the road every single day.

At least I wash my car by hand, rather than go through a carwash, my god they must use loads of resources. Should I also be washing my clothes by hand? (draws a line...)

Tell you what I couldn't do. I couldn't drive a Chelsea tractor. I couldn't throw lots of food away. I couldn't throw out good clothes rather than donate them to charity. So why do I love taking cheap holidays? Take flights that guzzle enough fuel to outweigh any savings I make by over means?


Aagggrrrrr!!! I blame the government!

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory