Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer's Here!

I've been a bit busy lately - off work last weekend including a trip over to Northumberland to meet with other like-minded people and drool over prehistoric rock carvings.




Next year it's planned for Dumfries and Galloway, so we now have the task of trying to find a place as fantastically friendly as West Weetwood B&B which has been the venue for the last 3-4 years.

We then spent some time on Holy Island, visiting my favourite beach in the world ever.



The orchids are out at the moment, sticking out above the grass.



(click to enlarge)

I also managed to bump my car last week which took the shine from my holiday a wee bit. I've had word today that the insurance company will not be repairing it, so it's hire cars and garage forecourts for me every spare minute over the next week or so

The weather was great, though! We discovered another wonderful beach, Mossyard, not far from Kirkudbright. So good, we went twice! It has everything; sand, shells and rocks and oystercatchers.



Also visited a ruined church nearby, and the rock art of course... Spoke to a quadbike type who said the graveyard is still used. We spooked a few pheasants, who to be fair spooked us right back! The place had a lovely atmosphere, and nature's really taking over.



I love reading old gravestones.



No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory