Thursday, February 15, 2007

Orkney Celebrity Pink Rabbits - eh?

I was a bit later than usual driving home tonight and the Chris Evans show had finished, so I had ended up listening to Radio Scotland. Towards the end of their news bulletin, I heard a report about a supposed scam, Orkney Celebrity Pink Rabbits.

Apparently, it was the offical London launch today, attended by someone ex-Atomic Kitten. The news report was saying that official rabbit club representitives said there was no such thing as pink rabbits and they must have had their fur dyed through being fed a special diet (beetroots?)

It went on to say that the brains behind the project was a convicted fraudster who now has sold his share in the project...

An intriguing story, I wanted pictures! I googled... nothing... except lots and lots of job adverts, for example the one below.

This story has disappeared! I want more! I'll let you know if I find anything...



edit 18-2-07 : found the following references:


Liverpool Echo


Daily Record


2 comments:

Tom Levell said...

I've just been looking for the same myself. Heard it on Radio 4 on friday . I'm guessing it was a scam as there are no pictures online and the companies website is now down.
Not that I wanted pink rabbits as our scruffballs are enough.

tom.levell.eu

Anonymous said...

OK, My Uncle dreamed up the idea whilst staying courtesy of Her Majesty. It is/was sort of a scam.

He tried to claim that they were a new breed. They're not. His knowledge of biology is abysmal. He seemed to think the descendents of these bunnies would inherit the pinkness but it's not a genetic trait. It's because they're fed the same food that salmon farmers use to make their fish pinker.

Oh, and he was flogging them for something like 600 quid a throw. Which is a bloody absurd ammount of cash for a bunny.

Apparently Jordan bought 2!

 
Blogged Blog Directory