Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wildlife!

The house I live in is on an estate which looks a bit like this:



You know the sort. It was built about 4 years ago on old cow pasture, the handiest bit of ground for people from the next estate to walk their dogs, and some folk have not let the presence of tarmac and brick deter them from their ancient habits.

Anyway, as long as I've been living here I've missed the wildlife. The gardens are as barren as a desert, unless you count slugs and worms. It's those tasty snacks though that have finally encouraged the blackbirds to move in! We've had two male blackies singing thier little beaks off, competing for the highest peak to warble from, and they've even been spotted on my garden wall!

Now some folk may laugh at me for getting excited about this, but since I've moved into this plastic house I've really missed my old garden, which even had owls and bats regularly flying above and between the trees nearby. I know it'll never be quite like that, well not for about 50 years and by that time the houses may not be standing... but one thing's for sure, I won't be still here.

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory