Thursday, March 22, 2007

Garlands Walk

I live very close to the old Garlands hospital, some of which has been very successfully converted into housing (see here for an excellent site describing it, and here for a great aerial shot of the chapel, now flats, and here for what is used to look like)

I have been stuck at home this week, and getting incredibly stircrazy I decided to get off my fattening arse and go for a quick circuit around the block, part of the route took in this glorious old queen.

Even though it was a dreich morning, the walk was enjoyable because the world was still waking up, and I saw the obligatory blackbirds, robins, chaffinches, thrushes and sparrows that I have been missing in plasticland.

I really must get more exercise if I want to look svelt for my summer wardrobe :P

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory