Sunday, March 18, 2007

SAGA members go bling bling!

Saw this story on the Beeb news pages and thought - about time! I think it's a fab idea and it'll be a hot hot seller - may many more copycats follow!

I hope that they should follow it up with different styles for the more discerning silvertexter. I think a nice leather-look design would be good, or one with flowers on it, a leopard-skin one for Rod Stewart, or maybe a luminous one that glows in the dark so you can find it at the bottom of your shopping bag.

I've just ordered a new phone , I hope it behaves how I want it to... anyway they have all sorts of extras these days, cool ideas and nice designs etc so why not cater more for people who find them difficult to use? It's all profit after all, and I bet this more basic phone - the Emporia Life phone - will cost the same as trendier mobiles on the market.

My dad sent me a text this morning - it read "So what ! ? " - meaning "so what have we got planned for today then, seeing as it's mothers day and you said you'd take your mam out somewhere nice, but the weather's a bit mental and I've got a stinking cold" but hey I knew what he meant. I phoned him back, otherwise I'd still be having the conversation at tea-time. I then found out that he'd sent it under my mam's instruction... she is a dabhand at it, even uses textspeak and everything. I was informed that the most impressive thing about the message was that he'd used punctuation for the first time.

I know plenty of people who have a mobile phone "just for emergencies" - but who then forget to take it with them, they can't find it, never look at it so the battery goes flat etc...

I hope that as well as having clear buttons and display panel, loud vibrate and ring, plus emergency button, that this new "Life" phone also has a big voice which shouts when approaching a battery flatline,

"CHARGE YOUR PHONE!"



No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory