Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Metal Dreams

I dreamt last night that someone told me that Ozzy Osbourne had died. At the time, I was sitting on a table of strangers some who turned out to have known him well. One brave soul wandered off so we couldn't see him cry (he used to work with him). This is all because I was listening to a Roy Wood interview on the radio last night.

On the way back from ... my very first enamelling class! Wooooo! A new hobby.

It's very inspiring. I've had lots of ideas.

A few years ago I used to go to a stained glass-making evening class, when I lived in Northumberland. It was just to get me out of the house and talk to people instead of being stuck inside; as well as something I'd always fancied trying. It was very enjoyable - I made a few bits of "art" including a landscape for my Mam and Dad, a little beach scene with real pebbles, a huge tulip picture, and lots of little danglers that were used for Christmas presents (I still have some up in my living room as a simple chandelier). I had to stop going when I moved away, but I've still got some of the stuff in a cupboard.

This new craft opportunity comes because I wanted a stained glass replacement but there was nothing exactly the same available locally. This course was the nearest and the most interesting, and also has a subtitle - "small silver work" - which is incredibly attractive to me. When folk ask what my dream job is, I answer "silversmith"...

It appears to be more flexible than stained glass, as you would imagine. I love the materials and the end result so yuuummmmm I have been totally inspired and I drove home with a smile on my face!

It's a gorgeous clear frosty morning - the first of the autumn ...

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory