Monday, September 17, 2007

Radio Two Pickings

Radio Two - the lesser of the mainstay evils of the Beeb. Local radio doesn't work for me when I travel so much.

Radio One is full of shouting numpties, but I can get quite involved in the stuff on Radio 4, except for the Archers, which I never saw the attraction of even in my soap days.

Gah! But Johnnie Walker should sue his dentist, those new false teeth keep whistling so much that I can't listen to him any more. I bet you'll notice this all the time now.

And the more they play Katy Melua, the more often I'll switch over (or off). She's almost as bad as Tanita Tikaram for annoyance factor. I can honestly say I can sing better than both of them. Melua wanders her vocals until she finds the right note - surely that's not how it should be?!

Chris Evans (kennel name Christoff Lammy Pie) - there's a reason to keep the dial in place. What a star. His blog is quite good reading too. I've been a fan ever since the Zig & Zag days, and TFI - ahhh yeah, great memories. I still remember a great live performance of 'Bulimic Beats' by Cerys Matthews which had me in tears, then the next time they'd be tears of laughter at someone swearing their head off when it wasn't allowed.

He made being ginger cool! For a while anyway ...



PS - Christoff opened the show with "Last Christmas" tonight - what's all that about?!

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory