Wednesday, May 24, 2006

20 years? No way!!

There's a reunion been organised for my school year (1986). It clashes with another prior arrangement, but I am being strangely drawn to it.

I've kept in touch with some of the people I knew well at school - we continued on to sixth form and got together for christmas and birthday meals for a very long time - it's only really in recent years, when some of us have had children to worry about, that it has petered out.

There's at least one millionaire that I know of. Not sure if he will turn up, he was a bit of a nutter at school but dragged himself up by property development - he bought his first house at about 18 and it went on from there. He's now a big local player, involved in quite public controversy over greenfield housing developments, as I recall.

There were a couple of people who had to drop out because of unplanned pregnancies - I remember one girl who sat O-levels in the staff room because she was not far from her due date. Of course their children will be 20 now!! Blimey...

Will childhood sweethearts have stayed together? I was one, and I didn't, but we're still friends.

At least two people have died - one rather violently in a stupidly reckless car accident, the reports said. Another was suicide. I saw another report recently of someone with the same name as one of my other friends - they'd be the right age. Not sure if it was them or not.

Curiousity...

But will I go? The more I think about it the more I remember how I wasn't that popular - there's a real danger of me sitting hugging my orange juice in the corner with the other nerds!

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory