Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cavvies Bites the Dust...

I live about a mile away from the place I had my first full-time job, which lasted 12 years. We all thought the place would last forever... and I surprised everyone (not least myself) when I left there 6 years ago. My last day was spent giving my opinions on the rebuild that was being planned; this never happened and instead the place fell into disrepair and the decision was taken last year to close that part of the business, making 600 people redundant.

After my return to Carlisle I have lived about half a mile's crowflight from this place, but I don't pass it that often because my route usually takes me in the other direction towards the motorway.

I got a real shock last weekend when I passed by and saw they were bulldozing it down!! I knew it was coming but it didn't prepare me for it, really. Was all I could do not to stop and see if I'd left anything behind.

And lo! There's another supermarket and more houses. Just what Carlisle needs...?


RIP cavaghan and gray

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory