Saturday, May 27, 2006

Dream #1

I used to write my dream down, cos I find them hilarious. Sometimes I'll dig ones out from years ago and I can still remember them; how they felt and the images.

Anyhoo, I had another one this morning.

Me and B were moving south. It was a good thing; the north had become uninhabitable. We were looking for somewhere to live in a town that was dominated by a huge cooling towers.

We'd looked before but it hadn't happened. All the houses we picked as possibles last time weren't available now, so we were staying in a bedsit until we decided. The room needed cleaned before we could stay in it, though [this could be a reference to the B&B we stayed in last week!]

As the evening went on, the sun became less strong so it was safe for the sunbathers to come out into the carpark. We went out too; to take some photographs of a carved sandstone face. B was about 3 metres away trying to get a close-up [!] and I was wetting the image to bring out the shape, by licking it and touching spit on its surface with my fingers. I went a bit far and so had to drain some of the excess off. Meanwhile B was dealing with a workman who'd decided to start shovelling gravel from a pile which sat in the shot; B complained but in the end we moved slightly to the right (the workman had a smirk as if to say 'bloody northerners' - he looked Hispanic)

Across the very busy roundabout nearby, there was a large warehouse where they stored the soldiers. Inside, it was really dark and the huge containers were like cattle trucks only about twice the size. The soldiers, instead of mooing or baaing, were singing like a Welsh choir. They seemed quite happy with the situation. If you stood on your toes you could see the top of their heads, they were lined up standing to attention inside the trucks.

I was looking for Benny [the cat] in there. She'd gone for a mooch and I knew she liked it here. I picked her up and held her fat little body tight. We went outside to cross the roundabout to go home. the traffic had all gone, because it was getting dark. There were lots of people out walking their cats. I was tempted to place Benny on the ground but was afraid she'd run off so I kept hold of her.

There was a bit in there somewhere when I deliberately cacked myself, a choice taken because I was going for an interview. I was wearing my good black trousers. [You'll be pleased to know the old wife's tale isn't true.]

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory