Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A Rant

Arrrgggr!!!! Been away for a couple of days and got back to find not one but two letters from MNBA Bank kindly supplying me with pre-printed cheques so that I can get money advanced on my credit card. This apparently will free me from debt forever (or something)

This practice should be BANNED by any self-respecting bank. Every time I get some I wrestle with myself as to what to do with them - rip them into little bits and shove down the throat of the nearest banker, or shred and dispose with the rubbish. Usually it's the latter, for the sake of saving time. Once, I even phoned them to give them a piece of my mind. After sitting in a premium-rated queuing system for about 10 seconds I slammed the phone down and gave up.

Someone somewhere is getting deeper and deeper into debt by following the advise of these people. Banks are businesses after all - they are only in it to make money.

The other thing that bothers me about this is security - I reckon this would be the easiest way for someone to steal identities - or money. And the banks make it really easy. Even if poor silly Mrs Apron decides to resist temptation and not take up the offer of free money, she then is expected to know that she should destroy the cheques safely. I think it's just shockingly irresponsible.

Rant over.

No comments:

 
Blogged Blog Directory